Redbook magazine discovered seven simple items every married couple must have for long-term bliss.
1. A beautifully framed picture from your falling-in-love days. Not the pretty wedding photo, but something that reminds you of the time when you couldn't get enough of that certain someone. DR. DIANA KIRSCHNER says it can be an instant way of bringing back that crazy chemistry.
2. A movie you both love. Throw out lines from whatever flick you choose and make it "your thing."
3. A unique anniversary to celebrate. There are a lot of milestones that you two can cherish, whether it was your first kiss, first date or when you saw a pregnancy test turn that magic blue!
4. An empty-nest dream. What do you dream of doing when the pressure of raising children is gone? Bonding over your fantasies about life will keep you close and reinforce the message that there are plenty of good times ahead.
5. A fight that never ends. There will be things you just won't agree on --get over it, respect one another's opinions and it will strengthen your marriage.
6. Mad money. Create a fund just for having fun and spend it on a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip, front-row tickets to a concert or expensive bottle of champagne.
7. An oversize beach blanket. This baby ain't for keeping the sand away, but to have on standby so you can make love anywhere in the house. Yowsah!