Monday, February 23, 2009

Why am I laughing....

....when I should be crying after the day I had today?

I locked myself out of the house this morning and had to place a "honey, I need you" call to get back into the house. You can imagine how that went over. I've got to remember to get a new battery for the garage door code puncher inner thingy so that this doesn't happen again.

I went to a meeting where my boss and I were the only ones to show up. Do we smell or something? We sat there for half an hour just looking at each other before we decided to ditch the meeting.

A sales person took a jab at what I was wearing (wouldn't you wear jeans and a sweat shirt if you had to clean out dirty vehicles?). He's an ornery old man who likes to pick on people littler than him (he's like 7 feet tall- so mostly everyone is littler than him). Some days are just better for jabbing than others.

My hair decided to really make me mad today by falling in my face. Sometimes it really knows how to push my buttons....

I got screamed at by not one but two people on the phone. I had no idea what they were talking about and tried to tell them, but they kept screaming. I hope they feel better. Their lungs really got a work out. No way I could work at a call center. Can you imagine getting screamed at by people all day long? That's why I start every call center conversation with "I know this isn't your fault, but...."

I broke a nail. If you're a recovering nail biter like me, you know why this is a big deal.

Got a bill from the hospital telling me I have no health insurance and that I have to pay them 2 grand for my hospital visit earlier this month. Uh. What's that I pay an arm and leg for each month? Oh yeah....HEALTH INSURANCE! I'm giving myself time to calm down before I call them.

AND then I was told some upgrading needed to be done on our website. No biggie, right? Wrong. Out of all the markets in the country, OURS was the one who's work didn't save. It's 8pm on a Monday night and I've just finished re-building everything I built on the web last night.

And here I sit laughing. My sides ache. I don't know why I'm laughing. I should be crying, but I can't stop laughing. Usually I'd cry. Maybe I've finally been broken. I kinda like this laughing thing. Sure beats crying...

No comments:

Post a Comment