Monday, November 23, 2009

Feels Good....

....to have the whole house clean! I absolutely hate to clean, but will be the first to admit that when the house is sparkling from top to bottom it feels amazing. I had my first whole weekend off in a long time this past weekend and spent all day Saturday and Sunday cleaning the carpets (got a new carpet cleaner), washing the other floors, doing laundry, dusting and pretty much everything else you could imagine. My house feels so fresh and is completely ready for family and friends to come over for Thanksgiving. I think I'm gonna try to cut back on some of the cooking chaos this year by making a few of my Thanksgiving dishes ahead of time so that all I have to do is pop them in the microwave to heat them up. Might go so far as to peel and cut up the potatoes. Did you know if you do that and then put them in a bowl filled with water, they won't turn brown? Would much rather do all that stuff before the guests come....that way there's less work and more time to spend with them. Good idea, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment