Monday, May 3, 2010

What Moms Really Want for Mother's Day

To have my 14-year-old answer a question without rolling her eyes in that "Why is this person my mother?" way.

Five pounds of chocolate that won't add twenty.

A shower without a child peeking through the curtain with a "Hi ya, Mom!" just as I put razor to my ankle.

A fulltime cleaning person who looks like Brad Pitt.

For my teenager to announce, "Hey, Mom! I got a full scholarship and a job all in the same day!"

A grocery store that doesn't have candy/gum/cheap toys displayed at the checkout line.

To have a family meal without a discussion about bodily secretions.

To be able to step on a plane with my toddlers and not have some pencil-neck-yuppie-geek moan, "Oh, no! Why me?"

Four words: Fisher Price Play Prison

No comments:

Post a Comment